Saturday, June 30, 2007

After the dust settles: Pogue & boingboing & i-etc.

So I'm so i-Hung that all I've been able to do is get i-Tunes 7.3 & then crash. When we finished our drinkies we went back to the Apple store and - gasp! - were able to zoom right in! Of course this was many hours after and I credit Apple for shooting everyone through at lightspeed. PLUS; the rooting, clapping, cheering team was still there! I wonder if I visit today what I'll find. Now that I've gone to 'zero' on line (or some negative or infinite number - based on # of units sold) maybe I should scope it out!

Also of note (apologies to David Gilman!): as news of our attendance propogated through the blogosphere & beyond, several friends tried to find us standing in line - even driving in to check it out - but couldn't find us 'cause I was 'purposely' bouncing further & further back for the blog's sake. Also sorry for the folks who wanted me to get to 311, 151, 411, 666, 911 and so on - I would've like it, too, but I caved! I REALLY deliberated over position 666! ;-) As far as I know by the time we went in it might've only gotten up to 400 to 500 folks - I'll try to find out for sure!!!

Look for me & friends by periodically checking with David Pogue at his page or the New York Times:

i got an i-Phone

We may not show up until the Thursday update, but who knows? I'm just happy with i-Phone "#88" even though it's still in the box (don't tell anyone!)

Hey! We're also linked from boingboing (thank you, Joanne!):

boingboing goings on

Oh, I've got to run & find out my place in line for the i-Phone Nano! ;-)

Cheers!

No comments: